[OpenWrt-Devel] netifd: adding default route + route via previous default route

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Sat May 14 04:18:36 EDT 2016

Hi,
 A user of openconnect VPN is trying to use openconnect as a default
route on his router [0]. Currently this works by setting defaultroute=1
on his /etc/config/network, however, once the default route is setup
the VPN connection drops because there is no direct route to the VPN
gateway.

Obviously I need to setup a /32 (or /128 for IPv6) route for the VPN
gateway using the previous defaultroute interface. However it is not
apparent to me how to do that via the netifd-proto.sh or the
functions/network.sh. Any hints? Should I use the user's suggestion of
directly setting the route via busybox' route command?

regards,
Nikos

[0]. https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/2548
[1]. https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/net/vpnc-scripts/files/vpnc-script