[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing the LEDE project

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:50:57 EDT 2016

On 3 May 2016 at 23:19, Bruno Randolf <br1 at einfach.org> wrote:
> On 03/05/16 18:59, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>> we'd like to introduce LEDE, a reboot of the OpenWrt community
>> Jo-Philipp Wich,
>> John Crispin,
>> Daniel Golle,
>> Felix Fietkau,
>> Hauke Mehrtens
>> John Crispin
>> Matthias Schiffer,
>> Steven Barth
>
> While a fresh start and a more open process is good move, given this
> list of supporters it sounds a bit ridiculous... who is left in the
> OpenWRT boat and why not do it as OpenWRT (V2 or whatever)???

Indeed. Looks like silent rebranding. Without public discussion of the
issues (and possible ways to fix them) in mailing list Same people,
rules and methods.
Could you elaborate more and explain how exactly LEDE is going to fix
the listed problems? And why it's not possible to fix them inside
existing project?

Regards,
Roman