[OpenWrt-Devel] stdout and putchar() behavior in musl

Ram Chandra Jangir rjangi at codeaurora.org
Wed Mar 30 07:07:59 EDT 2016

Hi,

Did anyone observed stdout and putchar() behavior differences between musl &
uClibc?

I have below code snippet :

int main(void){
	int c;
	while((c=getchar())!= 'e')     {
		putchar(c+1);
	}
	return 0;
}

When I use uClibc/gcc, I can see writing c+1 from putchar() happening
immediately. But when I use musl, character(c+1) gets printed on console
only if I exit from the program by entering 'e'.
I guess printing character using putchar family on stdio is having bug(or
different implementation) in musl. Has anybody faced this issue? Any
workaround?