[OpenWrt-Devel] Current State of NCM support

Jakub Jančo kubco2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 05:11:09 EDT 2016

For me the main problem is that even single manufactor(huawei) build
firmwares for same proto(NCM) with non consistent config.
e.g. : one NCM works with /dev/cdc-wdm0, but another only with
/dev/ttyUSB0 event if it has cdc-wdm0.

1)
Your config should be OK for NCM, you can specify preferred
mode(onlylte,prefer lte ...)
luci-proto-3g, wwan are not required

2)
comgt - comgt binary, 3g support
comgt-ncm - adds suppot for NCM protocol - you can use NCM as proto
- you dont need wwan package

wwan - adds proto wwan - it is autoconfiguration for more usb modem
technologies - autodection of used usb modem and automatically choice
of best suited proto (3g, ncm an another 4g proto choices)
- you need comgt-ncm if you want use wwan with ncm dongle
- I have problem with this that it will find serial console on NCM
device and choose 3G proto instead of NCM

4)
luci-proto-3g - not required for ncm - it turns ncm into compatible 3g mode
- I use luci-proto-ncm from
https://sites.google.com/site/variousopenwrt/huawei-e3267 - but I
think it is not in official repo

In fact ncm can work with 3g, so you can use luci-proto-3g but it
turns ncm device to ppp mode with lower speeds.

--
S pozdravom Jakub Janco