[OpenWrt-Devel] Read-only mirror https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt is stuck since 12 days ago

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Fri Mar 18 04:55:27 EDT 2016

On 18/03/2016 08:39, Roman Yeryomin wrote:
> On 18 March 2016 at 04:40, Shankar Unni <shankar.unni+openwrt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:53 AM, Karl Vogel <karl.vogel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Doesn't look like the SVN server is back yet either.
>>>
>>> Are there any plans to resurrect the anon SVN server? Or should everybody
>>> move to git.openwrt.org instead?
>>>

>> Yeah, I've been waiting for this, too (svn.openwrt.org).
>>
>> It would be good to hear an official word from someone as to whether
>> this is ever going to come back up (i.e. is this only a delay?), or is
>> it a final decision to turn it off for good.
>
> It's dead, Jim.
> Just switch and free yourself.

quite frankly i dont know what happened to svn and you should consider
it gone and switch to svn. i understand that this cames as a suprise and
should have been communicated before the move, however it seems to be a
side effect of the  new server being installed and we just have to live
with the new situation

regarding the github mirror, i will try to figure out the mail addr of
the developer that had been handling this. apparently he is offline for
a few weeks and hence the cron script doing the sync is not runnnig
anymore ... i'll do my best to get this fixed asap and if we cant fix it
we will simply move it to a different tree, it is unfortunately a setup
that has a single point of failure.