[OpenWrt-Devel] Cannot flash UBNT Loco M2

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Tue Mar 15 09:19:11 EDT 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Bill Moffitt <bmoffitt at ayrstone.com>
wrote:

> I got a new batch of LocoM2 units, and they won't flash using the
> "recovery" (tftp) method - it says,

I used lots of Nanostation Loco M2 devices in out mesh network, but once I
saw Ubiquiti locking down their firmware I started looking for alternative.

Two weeks ago I was at Mikrotik Users Conference in Ljubljana where I asked
few of their key developers will Mikrotik lock down their firmware, and the
answer from all of them was - NO.

So I ordered one Mikrotik SXT Lite2 and got it to run OpenWrt, process is
different than flashing Ubiquiti but once you do it once it is easy...

I'll order SXT Lite devices from now on... try them out, and see for
yourselves if they work for you too...