[OpenWrt-Devel] [Battlemesh] Request for Feedback - prplwrt Software Support Program - initial draft

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:14:03 EDT 2016

> who says that we have to involve them into a decisional process? All they do
> is offer money for some projects in which industry partners are interested in
> as well. Of course, bringing the contributions back to upstream should be made
> a requirement, but I don't really see anything bad in this.

did you read this ?
PSSP proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b5LwqNPUasSafP-3NLwnV7rXRRUPDfj5yrU772dkpoc/edit?usp=sharing

> if I remember correctly there was quite some interest on GSoC all over the
> communities as well, where many people worked on various things for 5k per
> student. One of the restrictions there was the limited time/money available,
> which kept some interesting ideas out and focused on students with less
> experience, but in general I think its a good program (especially the
> requirement to give back the results).

Google just filtered the organizations to decide which ones where
eligible. There was no review by google to decide which idea was good
or not. And it was a scholarship program, so it is not really
comparable with this industry proposal.

Saverio