[OpenWrt-Devel] Cannot flash UBNT Loco M2

Gerry Rozema gerryr at rozeware.com
Mon Mar 14 12:00:27 EDT 2016

On 2016-03-12 05:08 AM, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi Matthias looking at a US and EU image i see only 1 bit changed in
> the header. and reading what you wrote above it sound like a small
> change to our image generation process will make EU unit flashable
> again ? if so do we have a patch or could you tell me which unit to
> order on amazon.de that has the latest uboot with this bug fix so i
> can fix the regression in trunk.

You dont need to order a new unit to create a unit with the issue. Start
with any unit you have on hand, flash it back to AirOS with an older
AirOS version, then upgrade it thru the web interface to the latest 5.6
of AirOS.  Now you will have a unit with the new 'improved' u-boot,
which leaves the flash as read-only when it starts the kernel.