[OpenWrt-Devel] netfilter.mk: how do I identify which kernel is being built?

Mauro Mozzarelli mauro at ezplanet.net
Fri Mar 11 16:20:44 EST 2016

I would like to modify dynamically the modules being built depending on the kernel
version. I thought I could build KCONFIG using ifeq. But I cannot find anything
that I can use to determine which kernel is being built.

So far I tried:

ifeq ($(call kernel_patchver_gt,4.0.0),1)   # does not work
ifeq ($(strip $(call CompareKernelPatchVer,$(KERNEL_PATCHVER),eq,4.1.16)),1) # does not
work
ifeq ($(strip $(call CompareKernelPatchVer,$(KERNEL_PATCHVER),eq,3.18.27)),1) # does not
work either

I tried also looking into some variable:

KERNEL_PATCHVER=""              # always empty
LINUX_VERSION=<LINUX_VERSION>   # useless

Any suggestion?