[OpenWrt-Devel] [PATCH 2/2] package/devel/gdb: Update to 7.11
hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Wed Mar 9 17:05:16 EST 2016
Update gdb to version 7.11
Signed-off-by: Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi>
GDB 7.11 brings new features and improvements, including:
* Per-inferior thread numbers (thread numbers are now per inferior instead
of being global).
* GDB now allows users to specify breakpoint locations using a more
explicit syntax (named "explicit location"). This feature is also
available in GDB/MI.
* New convenience variables ($_gthread, $_inferior)
* When hitting a breakpoint or receiving a signal while debugging a
multi-threaded program, the debugger now shows which thread triggered
* Record btrace now supports non-stop mode.
* Various improvements on AArch64 GNU/Linux
** Multi-architecture debugging support
** displaced stepping
** tracepoint support added in GDBserver
* kernel-based threads support on FreeBSD.
* Support for reading/writing memory and extracting values on architectures
whose memory is addressable in units of any integral multiple of 8 bits.
* In Ada, the overloads selection menu provides the parameter types and
return types for the matching overloaded subprograms.
* Various remote protocol improvements, including several new packets
which can be used to support features such as follow-exec-mode, exec
catchpoints, syscall catchpoints, etc.
* Some minor improvements in the Python API for extending GDB.
* Support for various ROM monitors has been removed:
target dbug dBUG ROM monitor for Motorola ColdFire
target picobug Motorola picobug monitor
target dink32 DINK32 ROM monitor for PowerPC
target m32r Renesas M32R/D ROM monitor
target mon2000 mon2000 ROM monitor
target ppcbug PPCBUG ROM monitor for PowerPC
package/devel/gdb/Makefile | 4 ++--
package/devel/gdb/patches/100-musl_fix.patch | 2 +-
2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/package/devel/gdb/Makefile b/package/devel/gdb/Makefile
index 91f6bfe..f6d5fec 100644
@@ -8,12 +8,12 @@
diff --git a/package/devel/gdb/patches/100-musl_fix.patch b/package/devel/gdb/patches/100-musl_fix.patch
index afe9dc7..09146c5 100644
@@ -8,7 +8,7 @@
-@@ -73,6 +74,10 @@
+@@ -71,6 +72,10 @@
#define SPUFS_MAGIC 0x23c9b64e
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel