[OpenWrt-Devel] Request for Feedback - prplwrt Software Support Program - initial draft

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 03:58:57 EST 2016

> I don't have a number off hand, that's still being decided. My feeling has
> been that's it'd be in the tens of thousands USD total. I'll try to get more
> of finalized amount as soon as possible.

Hello Eric,

considering that a Senior Engineer in the SF Bay Area has an average
income of 120.000 USD per year... a contribution on terms of tens of
thousands dollars does not cover even the work of one person for one
year. Should we for this little money involve an american foundation
in the decisional processes ?

My feeling is that prpl is an American foundation that is throwing
penauts to a successfull open source project to have development at
low cost.
A company that hires a team of developer for a Carrier Grade OpenWrt
spends more than 100.000 USD per year in development cost.

You are right, there is a conflict between the community and prpl, so
you have to convince us better :)

Best regards

Saverio