[OpenWrt-Devel] Request for Feedback - prplwrt Software Support Program - initial draft

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Mon Mar 7 13:35:11 EST 2016

Linus,

Sure, I'd be happy to clarify. We had an internal discussion in prpl about
what the best way to focus the proposals for prpl funding. As with any
group of funders, there was some tension between having a totally unfocused
set of proposals about any topic and proposals that fulfill the goals of
the funders. As a way to having some focus on the topics of the proposals
while not prescribing too much, we agreed on requiring proposals to fit
into themes for projects to fund which prpl would set.

One theme that prpl and its members are particularly interested in is
"Carrier Grade Features for OpenWrt". In particular, a number of carriers
are interested in using OpenWrt more and are interested in features that
fit their needs. Some of the potential proposals related to that could
include system management features (TR-69 support has come up in
discussions a lot), autoupdating and transactional updates. (We'll come up
with a better description of the themes before we ask for project ideas)

I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,

Eric

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi