[OpenWrt-Devel] USB Hotplug

Baptiste Clenet bapclenet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:50:34 EST 2016

> On 04/03/2016 16:43, John Crispin wrote:
>>

>> On 04/03/2016 16:42, alzhao wrote:
>>> Hi john,
>>> can you specify which patch? I want to check.
>>> On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 at 23:34, John Crispin <blogic at openwrt.org
>>> <mailto:blogic at openwrt.org>> wrote:
>>>

>>>     On 04/03/2016 15:07, alzhao wrote:
>>>     > Did you develop the board by yourself? Generally this is a hardware
>>>     > problem, like wrong resistors. After the system boot the USB cannot
>>>     > supply enough power to the drive.

Yes we did. Which size should we use?

>>>     >
>>>     >
>>>     > On Fri, 4 Mar 2016 at 21:57, Baptiste Clenet <bapclenet at gmail.com
>>>     <mailto:bapclenet at gmail.com>
>>>     > <mailto:bapclenet at gmail.com <mailto:bapclenet at gmail.com>>> wrote:
>>>     >
>>>     >     Hi,
>>>     >
>>>     >     I run OpenWRT on a mt7688 board, if I plug a pendrive before
>>>     the boot,
>>>     >     it is detected and I can store data on it. However, after the
>>>     board
>>>     >     has finished booting, if I plug the pendrive, I can't detect
>>>     it, the
>>>     >     LED on the pendrive switch on and off after a 1/2 sec.
>>>     >     Should I include something else to make hotplug work?
>>>     >     root at OpenWrt:/# lsmod | grep usb
>>>     >     btintel                 1209  1 btusb
>>>     >     btusb                  26816  0
>>>     >     ledtrig_usbdev          1936  0
>>>     >     nls_base                5008  1 usbcore
>>>     >     scsi_mod               90601  2 usb_storage
>>>     >     usb_common              1740  1 usbcore
>>>     >     usb_storage            37407  0
>>>     >     usbcore               117268  7 btusb
>>>     >
>>>     >
>>>     >     --
>>>     >     Baptiste
>>>     >     _______________________________________________
>>>     >     openwrt-devel mailing list
>>>     >     openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
>>>     <mailto:openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>
>>>     <mailto:openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
>>>     <mailto:openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>>
>>>     >

>>>     what revision of openwrt do you use ? i recently pushed a patch that
>>>     fixes a phy reset problem causing usb2.0 devices to not work properly

We don't use the current tree but a version from November.
You're talking about this changeset:
https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/48749

I will apply it and let you know if it is better.

>> please don't top post and use HEAD revision or check the git log please
>>

> in the case where it does not work, do you get IRQs from the USB ?
> check /proc/interrupts to see if they increase please

Nope, when I plug the pendrive, no more IRQ it stays at 47
root at OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  5:       8954      MIPS   5  10100000.ethernet
  6:      73558      MIPS   6  ra0
  7:    1165498      MIPS   7  timer
 22:       3429      INTC  14  10130000.sdhci
 25:          6      INTC  17  esw
 26:         47      INTC  18  ehci_hcd:usb1, ohci_hcd:usb2
 28:        778      INTC  20  serial

>         John

Baptiste