[OpenWrt-Devel] MAKE_ARGS?

Mauro Mozzarelli mauro at ezplanet.net
Wed Mar 2 05:16:43 EST 2016

On Wed, March 2, 2016 09:27, Yousong Zhou wrote:
> On 2 March 2016 at 17:15, Mauro Mozzarelli <mauro at ezplanet.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to pass environment variables to a Makefile (ipvsadm-1.26). I tried using MAKE_ARGS
>> as documented on the OpenWrt wiki but it is ignored.
>>

> MAKE_VARS can be used.  See include/package-defaults.mk for details.

That does not work either. I if I set for example HAVE_NL_3=1 it just gets ignored
by an ifeq directive inside the Makefile (not the main Makefile, the one in libipvs).
For this to work I need make to set HAVE_NL_3 as environment variable or to
run

make HAVE_NL_3=1

So fare the only solution has been to define the variable in the #define directive which is in the code.

> p.s. you may also want to update that wiki page :)

Gladly. How do I get access to update?

>                 yousong
>
>> Please could anyone let me know how to?
>>
>> Mauro