[OpenWrt-Devel] imports from LEDE to OpenWrt github repo

Luka Perkov luka at openwrt.org
Sun Jun 26 03:05:34 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 02:10:28PM +0200, John Crispin wrote:
> thanks ! i would not ask for it normally but if you are at it anyhow you
> might aswell. the rest looks good.

It seems that this was oversight in merging commits... However, changing
the Git history will mess up the repo since git force push will be
required due to the fact that the hashes and history will change. I'd
rather that we do not do that in both projects, but if you really insist
so will I [1][2] ;)

I propose that both sides are more careful next time. Also, if the
patches taken from both projects are not 100% mergable that at least in
commit message is mentioned "Based on work from Foo Bar".

Luka

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/d82186f7bfa93e7f25af266b0bff8030370d7b51
[2] https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commitdiff;h=d02f109ee40f534ad8358d89563965f903aa5168