[OpenWrt-Devel] BGP-LS support in OPENWRT

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon Jan 25 19:04:00 EST 2016

> It's been great to see how some new protocols like HomeNet[1] get
> supported in latest Trunk of OpenWRT and I was wondering if there was any
> plan or possibility to do the same for BGP-LS and PCEP?

Iben,

The routing package feed is part of the default configuration of OpenWRT.
Both Bird and Quagga are packaged, so OpenWRT will gain support for BGP-LS
and PCEP as soon as it gets implemented in either Bird or Quagga.
Implementing a new protocol in Bird is easy, and the community is friendly.

If these protocols are implemented in separate daemons (as is the case of
Babel, which is used by Homenet), it should be easy enough to package the
additional daemons for OpenWRT.

-- Juliusz