[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq: Initial linux 4.4 support (with SPI problems)

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:25:01 EST 2016

Hello,

this series adds linux 4.4 support to the lantiq target.
It depends on the linux/generic 4.4.0 update because -rc8 contains a
build-fix for MIPS devices.

I have tested it on two (VRX200) devices:
- VGV7510KW22 (seems to work fine)
- TD-W8970 (the mtd_reads in mtd_split seem to only return 0xffffffff)

Here's the kernel log from the TD-W8970: https://paste.kde.org/pia7p73i9
I have debugged it and split_tplink_kernel gets 0x20000 as offset and
0x7A0000 as size (which looks correct). However, when mtd_read tries to
read the magic bytes it only gets 0xFFFFFFFF.

I'm happy for any suggestions what could be wrong here.

Regards,
Martin