[OpenWrt-Devel] Setting uci defaults in trunk

Felix Fietkau nbd at openwrt.org
Fri Feb 26 09:35:39 EST 2016

On 2016-02-26 15:27, micke.prag at telldus.se wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a board config for a device that I am about to commit to
> OpenWRT. I am rebasing my work against trunk but some things have
> changed since I made the config. My code was written against r46120 but
> somethings doesn't work on r48800.
>
> My question is how I should update my code to "proper OpenWRT
> standard"?
>
> First, network.
>
> The board has only one network port (it is not a router). This should
> be configured using DHCP. The board also has Wifi and should be
> configured as a client but disabled as default.
>
> In -r46120 I put this in /etc/uci-defaults/02_network:
> ucidef_set_interface_raw "lan" "eth0" "dhcp"
> ucidef_set_interface_raw "wlan" "wlan0" "dhcp"
> uci batch <<EOF
> set network.lan.hostname='TellStick-ZNet-Lite'
> set wireless.radio0.disabled=0
> set wireless. at wifi-iface[0].network='wlan'
> set wireless. at wifi-iface[0].mode='sta'
> set wireless. at wifi-iface[0].encryption=psk2
> EOF
> uci commit wireless
>
> In r48800 this file seems to have been replaced by
> /etc/board.d/02_network instead. Unfortunately "raw" uci commands does
> not work since its generating /etc/board.json instead? Am I correct?
>
> If I do this then "dhcp" is ignored and the interface is set to static
> anyway:
> ucidef_set_interface_lan "eth0" "dhcp"
>
> How to convert the wireless and the hostname I have no idea?
>
> Next is led. I had this in /etc/uci-defaults/02_network:
> ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan_act" "LANACT" "tellstick:green:lan" "eth0"
> ucidef_set_led_netdev "lan_link" "LANLINK" "tellstick:orange:lan"
> "eth0"
> uci set system.led_lan_act.mode='tx rx'
> uci set system.led_lan_link.mode='link'
>
> The first two lines work in r48800 but how do I convert the last two
> lines? How do I set the mode?
To change the defaults, you shouldn't just modify the existing files.
You can simply create a new file in /etc/uci-defaults which runs your
uci batch command as usual. It will run after /etc/board.d has been
processed and the default config has been generated, so you should be
able to override any parameter you want.

- Felix