[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq/xrx200-net: separate lan and wan ports

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:32:50 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 8:06 AM, Martin Schiller <mschiller at tdt.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to set up the xrx200 switch with one LAN switch part (phy2-phy5) and one WAN port (phy1).
>
> The problem is, that I can see the LAN traffic on the WAN port and vice versa.
>
> It doesn't also matter if SW_PORTMAP is defined or not.
>
> I think it maybe has something to do with the PCE_PMAPx setup, but how to set this port mappings to get separated LAN and WAN groups?
I think you are right on this one. There's one user who investigated
some PPPoE/broadcast issue with the WAN port and here's what he found
out: [0]
Here's where the initialization takes place in the OpenWrt driver: [1]

To sum up "ased's" findings, the original driver (at least in some of
the ifxmips_ppa_datapath_vr9_* configurations):
- PCE_PMAP1 is set to 0x40 (= port 7 / CPU port) instead of 0x7f (= all ports)
- PCE_PMAP2 and 3 are set to 0x7f & (~priv->hw->wan_map) ("all but the
configured WAN port(s)")

I don't have access to the datasheets, so I cannot say what
"monitoring" means exactly (PCE_PMAP1).
Unfortunately I did not have time to play around with it yet, so I
can't tell you much more.
But maybe someone with access to the datasheets can at least confirm
this and explain the PCE_PMAP1 register.

Regards,
Martin

[0] http://openwrt.ebilan.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=893#p893
[1] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/target/linux/lantiq/patches-4.4/0025-NET-MIPS-lantiq-adds-xrx200-net.patch#L1696