[OpenWrt-Devel] Scripting builds... how to?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Dec 31 18:12:21 EST 2016

Hi.

I wanted to be able to script building images completely.  I understand how to do:

cp ../my-saved-config .config
make defconfig
make oldconfig

to generate the .config file in a completely scripted way, by seeding it with the minimum set of relevant parameters (the deltas) per the steps described here:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/build

Is there an equivalent way to generate the kernel config by seeding it with minimum state?

I don’t want to save the complete .config because that changes from release to release, so there wouldn’t be any point… all I care about is how I’m differentiating my build from the defaults.

Thanks,

-Philip