[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] Talks between OpenWrt and LEDE

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Dec 22 03:58:22 EST 2016

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016, John Crispin wrote:

>>> a problem that can be solved by a http redirect ...
>>
>> Is that going to break all links in discussions that point at OpenWRT
>> docs and/or forum threads?
>>
>> That's a high cost.
>>
>> David Lang
>
> it is something worth considering if the alternative content is
> available and easy to look up and if we keep archives in ro mode of
> existing content.
>
> claiming that there is only one option and no alternatives is just not
> constructive and wont lead to a broad discussion during which we can
> find a consensus.

sorry, I did not mean to imply there is only one option.

I think there is a lot of value in the OpenWRT name and all the links around the
web that refer to it. So there is a huge cost to going with a different name.

IMHO, this makes it an easy decision to make, but not the only one possible.

David Lang