[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] [OpenWrt] Project proposal: The GNUnet of autonomous Things

Arturo Rinaldi arturo at arduino.org
Fri Dec 2 21:58:17 EST 2016

Hello folks,

as Kathy mentioned as first answer to Daniel, a proper setup running GNUnet
on our boards could give us a boost in the IoT world. During the last years
we have developed a new approach to the arduino "bridge" interaction with
CIAO :

http://www.arduino.org/learning/tutorials/advanced-guides/ciao

this is of course requires the use of Python as high level language since
it is designed around it but transparent to any kind of connectors. If I
understand well from this first email exchange, since *ubus* will be the
running engine of the new it is a completely native approach being it an
underlying running service of OpenWRT. Am I wrong or didn't John show
something similar that night at C-base in Berlin as first attempt of
creating a sort of new approach to the bridge itself ?

This leads me to think about the possibility to use this solution in
combination with *lininoIO*, our new approach for exposing the MCU gpio(s)
as filesystem devices and using them to interact with sensors, actuators
and so on (it was one of the topics of my talk in Berlin). Would this be a
reasonable approach for you ? Please let us know what you think about it
and in case we'll discuss it in the scheduled call.

Best Regards

Arturo