[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt Summit Proposal Deadline - August 19

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Mon Aug 15 13:37:42 EDT 2016

The deadline for session proposals at OpenWrt Summit is coming up on
*August 19*. If you’ve already submitted your proposals, thank you! If not,
there’s still time to submit your proposal for a session on any topic
related to OpenWrt, LEDE or the broader ecosystem by going to
http://openwrtsummit.org.

If you’re not sure of a topic to propose, the committee has a few suggested
topics that we think would be particularly interesting; if you have
experience in or have done work related to the following topics, please
submit a proposal:

* OpenWrt/LEDE and Docker – running in Docker containers and/or running
Docker on OpenWrt/LEDE
* How to submit patches? When the OpenWrt/LEDE split happened, the number
of patches was at an all time low. Some people don't feel comfortable
submitting because they don't understand the process or feel their patch
won't be well received.
* Wifi subsystem in OpenWrt/LEDE – How does it work? How is it configured?
How is it different from base Linux?
* Recent features and changes in OpenWrt/LEDE such as jails, usign, build
system changes in LEDE and others.
* Future features of OpenWrt/LEDE – What features are you adding? What
features are you considering adding?

If you idea isn’t on this list, don’t worry; we still welcome your proposal
and session! Also, if you’d like help completing your proposal please email
myself at eschultz at prplfoundation.org and I’ll help you out. You can also
ask any of the OpenWrt Summit Committee members for help as well. As a
reminder, financial assistance is be available for speakers who require it.

I look forward to the session proposals! If you have any questions, don't
hesitate to ask myself or anyone else on the committee.

Thanks,

Eric Schultz, Chair, on behalf of the OpenWrt Summit Committee:

Abhijit Mahajani
Beda Kosata
Eric Schultz
Federico Capoano
Hans Dedecker
Hauke Mehrtens
Imre Kaloz
Kathy Giori
Luka Perkov
Paul Blay
Zoltan Herpai

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404