[OpenWrt-Devel] Excluding a certain module from a kernel mod packaging ?

Daniel Petre daniel.petre at posteo.net
Sun Sep 27 10:28:45 EDT 2015

On 09/27/2015 12:12 PM, Bastian Bittorf wrote:
> * Daniel Petre <daniel.petre at posteo.net> [27.09.2015 11:10]:
>> Hey guys,
>> i am wondering what is the easiest way to exclude a certain module from being packaged?
>> For example i could use pptp from the "nf-nathelper-extra" package but i do not need the rest:
>
> this is not supported IMHO, what you can do is:
>
> copy 'nf-nathelper-extra', make your changed and name it 'mymodules'.
> select 'mymodules' and unselect 'nf-nathelper-extra'.

Thanks! I thought i could also use something like "touch files/lib/modules/3.18.21/nf_conntrack_h323.ko" so that the OpenWrt packaging would put zero size files in the image (coupled with /etc/modules.d/nf-nathelper-extra commenting) but that requires me to pay attention to each kernel version change or automate that check somehow..