[OpenWrt-Devel] buildbot: gb15 fails to upload due to host keys and wyrding timeouts largest firmwares

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sun Oct 25 07:37:57 EDT 2015

On 25.10.2015 13:14, Zoltan HERPAI wrote:
> Hannu Nyman wrote:
>> wyrding timeouts the imagebuilder/SDK tar file creation step for the
>> largest firmwares. I have noticed that as ar71xx has suffered from that
>> several times in the last few weeks. The 20 minutes given for waiting for
>> any output from the process is sometimes too short for the tar file
>> creation step and the buildbot breaks the build. Apparently "tar" does not
>> produce any intermediate output.  (When that timeout happens, the file
>> cleanup step may also take hours, so there may be something wrong with the
>> buildslave's disk or I/O in general.)
>
> We're checking these, hopefully both will resolve with the next round of
> builds.
>
> Thanks,
> -w-

Good to hear.

One piece of additional information:
I noticed today that also buildslave2 may timeout the SDK tar generation
phase, so it might be that Openwrt has grown so large that the 20 min timeout
is generally too short.

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/builders/ath25/builds/107
http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/builders/ath25/builds/107/steps/compile_8/logs/stdio

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/openwrt/slave/ath25/build/target/sdk'
         tar -xf - -C
/home/openwrt/slave/ath25/build/build_dir/target-mips_mips32_musl-1.1.11/OpenWrt-SDK-ath25_gcc-4.8-linaro_musl-1.1.11.Linux-x86_64

command timed out: 1200 seconds without output, attempting to kill
process killed by signal 9