[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition / paid patch-checking

Emmanuel Deloget logout at free.fr
Tue Oct 13 07:22:14 EDT 2015

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Nemesis <nemesis at ninux.org> wrote:

> As far as I remember, there's no initiative going on, but the issue was brought up at the summit by different speakers.
>
> There was also a quick poll:
>
> 1. Kathy Giori asked the attendees to raise their hand if they backed the idea of an OpenWRT foundation
> I would say half of the presents raised their hands (I did not because I'm not involved so much in OpenWRT and I don't feel entitled to take sides)
>
> 2. Kathy asked the attendees to raise their hand if they opposed the idea of an OpenWRT foundation
> I think there were almost no raised hands or not at all

Wouldn't it be easier if the project is adopted by an umbrella
organization? There should be one that could be interested in managing
the pitfalls and dirty bits of the organization, allowing the
developers to spend their time on the project itself - and not on the
maintenance of a foundation.

> Federico

BR,

-- Emmanuel Deloget