[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Oct 12 16:46:15 EDT 2015

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Felix Fietkau wrote:

> On 2015-10-12 22:36, David Lang wrote:

>>> Sounds nasty.
>>
>> why?
> If we want to tag minor releases, the real release tags get hidden
> behind an ever growing amount of auto-generated tag spam.

If you tag weekly there aren't that many tags, and you can give the auto-weekly
tags a different format than releases

v15.05 release
a15.40 weekly tag for week 40 of 2015

these will even sort so the auto tags will scroll off the top and what you care
about will be at the end of the list :-)

David Lang