[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:25:27 EDT 2015

Too many voices, which blame svn and almost no advocates. So let me
change this situation.

As an occasional patch maker, I am fairly happy with current workflow
based on git+svn mix. I *think* that this is a good solution exactly
in this case and for this project. May be some random project could
not continue growth without full migration to git, but as a random
developer I don't see any benefits for me in this particular case.

And, as I already wrote, I really like linear history and short
revision numbers of SVN :)

--
Sergey