[OpenWrt-Devel] buildbot: gb15 fails to upload due to host keys

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:48:22 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Zoltan HERPAI <wigyori at uid0.hu> wrote:
> Hannu A Nyman wrote:
>>
>> Well, both gb15 and buildslave2 still fail to upload binaries, and as they
>> are making 9 of the 22 concurrent builds, almost half of the compiled
>> binaries are discarded. Sad.
>>
>> Logs from today:
>>
>> http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/builders/x86.kvm_guest/builds/119/steps/shell_11/logs/stdio
>>
>> http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/builders/brcm2708/builds/126/steps/shell_11/logs/stdio
>>
>>  Upload Snapshot to Openwrt
>>  Host key verification failed.
>>  rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
>>  rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]
>
> gb15 is fixed now.

I note that I have long been paying for the google openwrt build
cluster out of my own pocket (after the google grant expired last year
- which was costing 1700/month for 5? 6? servers), but I had cut it
down to just gb10, which is cost me about $250/month.

I am hoping some more grant money arrives (not a lot!) next year.

I was unaware of gb15 (not coming out of my account, thankfully), and
am glad someone else is covering costs on it...

IF there is a need to turn around openwrt builds even quicker, (how
much quicker can it be done?) we can re-scale up my old google cluster
if there is funding for it from somewhere. I can keep the one server
I'm contributing up and running indefinitely. Or... ?

I have always wished we could do a full build in under 3 hours, and
could circulate package changes around in minutes, rather than in a
full build.....