[OpenWrt-Devel] Link detection - TP-Link Archer C7 v2

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed May 27 14:57:04 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 02:41:31PM +0200, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> For example: consider a switch port group containing five ports, 4
> external RJ45 ports and one internal connected to the SoC - when would
> you consider that interface down? When no port except the CPU one has a
> link? Whenever a cable is plugged into one of the four ports?

I'd consider "no external link at all" to be sufficient criteria to signal
"link down" internally.

(Which is how certain commercial platforms handle this - if "all L2 ports
in a given VLAN" go down, the "L3 routing interface" will also go down,
and I found that usually to be "what I expect and want to happen")

Now, I'm not saying that this would be trivial to do, but tremendously
useful :-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de