[OpenWrt-Devel] Chaos Calmer 15.05-rc1

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Fri May 22 05:09:39 EDT 2015

On 21.05.2015 20:32, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Steven Barth <cyrus at openwrt.org> wrote:
>     > - Added support for 464XLAT (CLAT)
>
> Is this signaled in some way by DHCPv6?
> If so, I imagine that there is an RFC# which says how it works, could be
> listed here, so that google will find CC when people look for it...
There seems to be no standardized RFC for this yet, as Bjorn pointed out.
So what we do currently if 464xlat is installed is trying to resolve an
AAAA record for "ipv4-only.arpa" (i.e. detect an existing DNS64) and if
we get a valid response use the first 96-bits of the result as NAT64-prefix.

Of course one can also manually configure 464xlat with a custom prefix.

Cheers,

Steven