[OpenWrt-Devel] Chaos Calmer 15.05-rc1

Steven Barth cyrus at openwrt.org
Wed May 20 12:53:05 EDT 2015

The OpenWrt developers are proud to announce the first release candidate
of OpenWrt Chaos Calmer.

   _______                     ________        __
 |       |.-----.-----.-----.|  |  |  |.----.|  |_
 |   -   ||  _  |  -__|     ||  |  |  ||   _||   _|
 |_______||   __|_____|__|__||________||__|  |____|
          |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
 CHAOS CALMER (15.05 RC1)
  * 1 1/2 oz Gin            Shake with a glassful
  * 1/4 oz Triple Sec       of broken ice and pour
  * 3/4 oz Lime Juice       unstrained into a goblet.
  * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
  * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup

http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05-rc1/

** Highlights since Barrier Breaker **

* Linux kernel updated to version 3.18
* Improved Security Features
    - Rewritten package signing architecture based on ed25519
    - Added support for jails
    - Added support for hardened builds
* Improved Networking Support
    - Added or improved support for lots of 3G/4G modems (MBIM, QMI,
NCM, ...)
    - Added support for 464XLAT (CLAT)
    - Improved support for self-managing networks (draft-ietf-homenet-hncp)
    - Netfilter performance enhancements (conntrack route cache)
    - Better multi-core support for the network stack
    - Improved support for MAP-E and MAP-T IPv4 transitioning technologies
    - Improved network auto-setup capable of detecting and bootstrapping
IPv4-only,
      6rd, Dual-Stack, IPv6-only, DS-Lite, LW4over6, MAP-E, MAP-T, 464XLAT
      and combinations without explicit configuration
    - Added support for Smart Queue Management (SQM) QoS, AQM and
Traffic Shaping
    - Improved support for DNSSEC
* Platform and Driver Support
    - Added support for feeds of externally maintained targets
    - New mt7621 subtarget for Mediatek 11ac SoC
    - New mt76 mac80211 based wifi driver for MTK 11ac cores.
    - New mwlwifi mac80211 based wifi driver for the Marvell 88W8864
    - New bcm53xx target for Broadcom ARM BCM47xx/53xx devices
    - brcm2708: support for Raspberry Pi 2
    - brcm63xx: support for BCM6318 and BCM63268 family
    - brcm63xx: improved fallback sprom support with bcma support

* Known Issues
    - libusb-1.0 is currently not installable (#19668). This is already
fixed in svn. This can be
      manually fixed by applying the changes from r45702 by hand.
    - the targets feed is part of opkg.conf, and will produce warnings.
It is save to remove
      from /etc/opkg.conf.

And lots and lots of other advancements...
As always a big thank you goes to all our active package maintainers,
testers, supporters and documenters.

Have fun!
    The OpenWrt developer team