[OpenWrt-Devel] How to track IO usage of internal flash mtd partitions?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:40:08 EDT 2015

Here is some interesting info I found using mtdinfo tool:

# mtdinfo /dev/mtd5
mtd5
Name:                           rootfs_data
Type:                           nor
Eraseblock size:                65536 bytes, 64.0 KiB
Amount of eraseblocks:          104 (6815744 bytes, 6.5 MiB)
Minimum input/output unit size: 1 byte
Sub-page size:                  1 byte
Character device major/minor:   90:10
Bad blocks are allowed:         false
Device is writable:             true

So I see there are 104 eraseblocks on this partition. Interesting so
see finaly some numbers. Now how to see how many times these
eraseblock were issued "erase eraseblock" command?