[OpenWrt-Devel] External (public) IP forwarded to internal LAN

Angelo Corsaro corsaroangelo at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:33:54 EDT 2015

Hi all,
first of all, I'm sorry for my poor english and if I placed my question
in a wrong place.
I'm facing an issue with,I think, iptables. This is the scenario: I'm
using a ddns service to point my external ip to access my server; and it
works fine, but the original address is always  the internal iface of my
modem.

This is my actual port-forwarding conf in /etc/config/firewall

config redirect
     option target 'DNAT'
     option src 'wan'
     option dest 'lan'
     option proto 'tcp udp'
     option dest_ip '192.168.x.x'
     option dest_port 'x'
     option name 'Photo'
     option src_dport 'x'
     option reflection '1'

surfing on web and in the wiki of openwrt I cannot find any solution.
If I'm not wrong, in the previous release of openwrt the origin's IP was
forwarded to the internal lan.
Tcpdumping the wan iface I can see both public ip (original and my own ip)

Is there any solution (conf, recompile the packet,patch etc) to reflect
the previous behaviour ?

Cheers
Angelo