[OpenWrt-Devel] I'd like to donate a Linksys WRT300N V1

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:43:03 EDT 2015

On 17 March 2015 at 22:05, Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just mailed the router. When it arrives, please send confirmation to
> me and to treasurer at spi-inc.org.

I just got it today, thanks!

I disassembled it, it's really a PCMCIA wireless card, nice :) Quite
an unique device!

I had some problems installing OpenWrt, not sure what they were caused
by. Ppl trying to install original firmware seemed to had these issues
too, so they may be not related to OpenWrt firmware only. I got it as
well for the original firmware, however after a reboot is suddenly
succeeded.
So I decided to install some older OpenWrt as I suspected it may be
related to flash size. 12.09 was rejected, so I tried 10.03.1. It got
accepted but I think it doesn't boot and I've soft bricked this
router.

I'll have to install serial console (requires soldering a header) and
doing more tests, so it may take me a bit more of time.

Anyway, I'm happy to have this device for experiments, thanks!

--
Rafał