[OpenWrt-Devel] Dynamically generate custom files before building?

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE jmpoure at gooze.eu
Wed Mar 25 05:49:21 EDT 2015

Le mercredi 25 mars 2015 à 00:10 +0200, Sami Olmari a écrit :
> isn't it quite self-explanatory?

Yes, but we don't know how these scripts work and need to read source
code. Apparently, it branches GIT. So what happens when we need to
upgrade to latest GIT. Furthermore, can you build several appliances at
the same time?

IMHO, I prefer to build a separate build root for each device and
rebuild each time using a script.

If you look at Debian build architecture, it is the idea: create a build
environment, chroot and build.

Kind regards,
Gnutella