[OpenWrt-Devel] Rebuilding for specific hardware, example ar71xx/image for TP-Link TL-WR841ND

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE jmpoure at gooze.eu
Mon Mar 23 09:07:55 EDT 2015

> but it works and you can tweak it individually via 'make menuconfig'.
> what we do here, is e.g.:
> echo  >.config 'CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_TLWR1043=y'

Thanks. Due to ignorance, I could not figure it out.

So my script becomes:
git clone git://git.openwrt.org/openwrt.git openwrt-ar71xx
cd openwrt-ar71xx
git pull
rm -f .config
echo  >.config 'CONFIG_TARGET_ar71xx_generic_TLWR841=y'
make defconfig
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install luci
works great.

Now reading the .config file, there are:
cat .config | grep luci
CONFIG_FEED_luci=y
# CONFIG_PACKAGE_luci is not set

What's the difference between installing luci from feeds and selecting
in make menuconfig?

Kind regards,
Gnutella