[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] mac80211: update to wireless-testing 2015-03-09

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Tue Mar 10 18:26:05 EDT 2015

Hi Bryan,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 12:15:31PM -0500, Bryan Forbes wrote:
> I have been working on an update to mac80211 for about a month now. I announced it on the developer forums, but it turns out this is the place I should have been talking about it. The initial work I did was to update mac80211 to wireless-testing master-2015-02-09, but since then I have updated to master-2015-03-09. All of the work I have done can be found on github:
>
> https://github.com/bryanforbes/openwrt/tree/bryan-2015-03-09

Nice work! Highly appreciated!

I reckon hostapd should be bumped as well, but that can also be after
the compat-wireless bump... I already did that locally, but didn't
yes finally decide on how to package 802.11s and SAE support, i.e.
have wpad-mesh and wpa_supplicant-mesh with dependency on libopenssl
and including 802.11 and SAE support, but being otherwise identical
to their -mini versions. And include SAE support in -full only if
OpenSSL is the selected SSL provider as the build fails with internal
crypto.
See
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/435311/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/435312/

A good way would also be to bump hostapd to the current release and
package the mesh and SAE stuff afterwards...

Cheers

Daniel