[OpenWrt-Devel] obtaining openwrt linux kernel git repo for selected target

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:09:49 EDT 2015

Hi All!

I want to obtain openwrt linux kernel sources for ar71xx in the form of git repo.
So I want to convert the patches from openwrt.git/target/linux/ar71xx/patches-3.18/
into git commits.

I'm trying to 'git am' patches from openwrt repo:

$ cd linux.git
$ git checkout v3.18
$ git am ../openwrt.git/target/linux/ar71xx/patches-3.18/*
Applying: MIPS: ath79: Avoid using unitialized 'reg' variable
Applying: spi/ath79: make chipselect logic more flexible
Patch does not have a valid e-mail address.
$

So simple 'git am' can't help me :(

Is there any conventional way for getting openwrt linux kernel sources git repo?

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov