[OpenWrt-Devel] ath10k fails to load firmware in r46386 on ESR1750

Matti Laakso malaakso at elisanet.fi
Fri Jul 17 13:54:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

> On an EnGenius ESR1750 running current trunk (r46386), the ath10k driver fails
> to load the firmware blob - it did work in Barrier Breaker though. Here's the
> failing dmesg bits:

It seems this board ran uncalibrated on BB and CC, which is no longer possible after my patches on trunk. A correct entry needs to be added to target/linux/ar71xx/base-files/etc/hotplug.d/firmware/11-ath10k-caldata in order to upload calibration data to the firmware. It should be rather easy, but if you don’t feel like doing it yourself, I could make a patch if you could tell me where on flash the calibration data and mac address are located.

Matti