[OpenWrt-Devel] How to add 6LoWPAN to OpenWRT

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Thu Jul 9 14:19:00 EDT 2015

On 07/09/2015 04:51 PM, Firas wrote:
> When I tried to compile the kernel and configure it I found only 6LoWPAN
> over Bluetooth support, and I need to add 6LoWPAN to work over RF module
> like Jenic JN51xx.
>

> I’m using OpenWRT Kernel 3.18!
>
> So how can I implement that please can you guide me please !

Currently 6lowpan over ieee802.15.4 links is only available for kernel
version >= 4.0, I do not know why it is not available on older kernel
versions. You could try to remove the version check and fix the problems
that will probably occur. I am currently looking into 6lowpan, but on
bluetooth because these are the cheapest radios. ;-)

Which Linux driver do you want to use for your radio?

The ieee802.15.4 modules are in this file:
package/kernel/linux/modules/wpan.mk

Hauke