[OpenWrt-Devel] libcurl: questing about configure/build options

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:32:45 EST 2015

Two questions about curl/libcurl package and its build configuration:

1.)
There is a new config option available since 17.01.2015 to configure https
setting --enable-https / --disable-https	(secure http)

Inside the original curl configure script I cannot find this option (all others are there)
I compiled libcurl inside OpenWrt build system for x86 with and without https enabled.
Testing both versions I cannot find differences when using verbose mode (if ssl support enabled)
Anyway HTTPS should be default=y

2.)
Since 25.09.2014 the configure option --with-ca-path is only set on "openssl" ssl support.
Are the other ssl supporting libs not using certificates ?
ca-certificate package installs into /etc/ssl/certs, why not set for all ssl librarys ?

Sorry if the questions sounds a little heretical.
Thats not my intention. I only want to understand.
There are no descriptions inside commits to explain whats going on.

Thanks for support

Christian