[OpenWrt-Devel] Is Linksys/Belkin lying (again) about being open source (WRT1200AC router) ?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 10:05:33 EST 2015

Linksys/Belking marketing is again doing one thing and saying another?

This time they say that WRT1200AC router is open source:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/ces-2015-linksys-1200ac-an-inexpensive-open-source-802-11ac-wi-fi-router/

I have tracked progress with WRT1900AC and saw how they failed to give us
open source driver, so I hope that this time they will actually keep their
(marketing) promise.

I really, really, really hope that this time they have reached out and
contacted any of you OpenWrt developers and that we will get truly open
source driver from them.

So please let us know if any of you have heard anything regarding WRT1200AC
router and it's drivers.

Cheers,
Valent.