[OpenWrt-Devel] Dual Wifi for OpenWRT

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sat Jan 10 15:38:54 EST 2015

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015, Bruno Randolf wrote:

> Does anyone know a hardware platform with 2 or more wifi interfaces
> which can both be used in the 2.4 GHz band?

I would not expect to find consumer hardware that had two radios on the 2.4GHz
band, the problems that you would run into trying to keep the output of one
radio from deafening the other (if not outright popping the receiver amps) would
be significant (to say the least). It could be done, but it would take antenna
setups that you just don't see mass produced to even get started.

Even the "enterprise" grade hardware that has multiple radios tends to have
problems with this. It takes having very directional antennas to try and keep as
much of the signal away from the other radio to even start.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

David Lang