[OpenWrt-Devel] Alternatives do TDMA

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:07:48 EST 2015

Hello bkil,

Many thanks for your detailed response.
I would gladly post it to openwrt-users if that worked, which doesn't
seem to be the case as far as I know.

But also taking the opportunity in this devel list to ask if anyone
worked of ever saw any work to develop a open TDMA implementation that
could be merged to OpenWRT. I personally have read a while ago about
some material that was developed for FreeBSD, but there wasn't much
information really and no much other than that I could find unfortunately.

Regarding your response I was particularly interested in the RTS/CTS
configuration and hear about optimal RTS Threshold values.
Also does that AP and Clients have to have exactly same RTS/CTS
configuration and RTS Threshold values or only the AP is enough ?
This is more common in WISP providers, but would that be also for
example in internal areas with many clients (e.g: a conference) where
the clients aren't aware about having to enable the RTS/CTS protection
and eventually the threshold ?

Regards,
Fernando