[OpenWrt-Devel] [Cerowrt-devel] [sqm-scripts] not started at boot?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Feb 15 11:12:41 EST 2015

Hi Toke,

On Feb 15, 2015, at 16:56 , Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:

> Sebastian Moeller <moeller0 at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> 	I am not sure that this works as intended. The first thing
>> 	run.sh does is take down all running SQM instances:
>
> Ah yes, seems I was a bit too trigger-happy there ;)
>
> Here's a version of run.sh that should also short-circuit the 'down'
> part if called from hotplug.
>
> The alternative is, of course, to have logic in the hotplug script to
> only call run.sh for interfaces that are enabled, but that would require
> parsing /etc/config/sqm from there. My initial thought was that
> short-circuiting the logic in run.sh was 'cleaner'; but I'm not entirely
> sure about that... Thoughts?

	Not that I have shown great taste in the past, but I think it would be somewhat cleaner to put the logic into the hot plug script and keep run.sh “simple” (in the past I had introduced a large number of leakage, especially of IFBs by not properly removing/stopping old instances and was quite happy to have the take all active interfaces down loop as a last defense against accidental leaks).
	But I am now also running pppoe directly from cerowrt and see the same issue, sqm is confused when the pppoe interface temporarily goes away, so at least I can now test this issue ;)
Best Regards
	Sebastian