[OpenWrt-Devel] Support for DFS 5470 - 5725MHz DFS channels in US?

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Feb 10 14:10:27 EST 2015

Thank you for researching the issue upstream!  This message look like the
relevant patch for reverting the exclusion of those bands for US:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2015-January/000728.html

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:03 AM, Dirk Neukirchen <dirkneukirchen at web.de>
wrote:

> On 10.02.2015 05:32, Ben West wrote:
> > I found on a UBNT Nanostation running BB r43824 that apparently only a
> > subset of the DFS 5.8GHz channels are enabled.
> >

> > This matches the channel definitions in the reg DB file:
> >
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/kernel/mac80211/files/regdb.txt
> >
> > What is the reason for keeping channels 5470 - 5725 disabled, when that
> > range is enabled, for example, for country DE?  People are operating UBNT
> > products with stock firmware on these bands in the US.
> >

> Different countries different regulatory rules.
>
> Upstream commit that removes 5470-5725 is:
> 31dc1c5eca29d039ac8f26340defe44bd7e497c1
>
> This seems to be reverted by upstream
> with wireless-regdb (master-2015-01-30) [1]
> Updating the regdb should fix this.
>
> (I find no QCA feedback why this was introduced on the ML) [2]
>
> [1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=142263098201163
> [2]
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/wireless-regdb/2015-January/000717.html

Ben West