[OpenWrt-Devel] Porting package, need permanent storage

Antonio Gómez Soto antonio.gomez.soto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:27:02 EST 2015

Hi,

I am porting a software package to openwrt. It's a daemon which runs in the
background.
Problem is, this daemon spontaneously creates a file in /var/lib. It's a
one line ascii
file, but it needs to be preserved across reboots.

How do I accomplish that? I know about UCI, but I think that populates nvram
on service restart, and I can't have that. This daemon runs, and just
suddenly
creates that file, and it needs to stay there forever.

Thanks for any pointers,
Antonio