[OpenWrt-Devel] Ubiquiti UniFI AC Lite

David Hutchison dhutchison at bluemesh.net
Thu Dec 10 12:30:54 EST 2015

I have one as well torn apart on hooked to serial; I started a port
but couldn't figure out how to get the bootloader to write my image
via tftp to flash. I tricked it by modifying the magic header, so the
tftp portion would happen but then It looked like it ran a ubnt script
within their custom u-boot build; which did some sort of RSA check and
failed.

I ended up using dd on the stock UniFi firmware and just forcing it to
write to the kernel0 partition; Even with boot ${address_of_kernel}; I
would get an error and it would automatically boot into the backup
partition.
I didn't want to brick my board completely; so I left kernel1 in-tact
so I could always have a way to revert it.

Let me know if you find any information; :-) I can't wait to help.

-- Davey

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Andrew Margarit | Cucumber WiFI
<andrew at polkaspots.com> wrote:
> I'm digging for the same info :)
> Have one near me so can give a hand out with the profile.
>
> Andrew
>

> On 10/12/15 17:06, David Hutchison wrote:
>>
>> I would like to know as well,
>>
>> It looks like they made a lot of progress; are patchsets available to
>> build the "openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-unifiac-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin"
>> ?
>>
>> Any information would be much appreciated.
>>
>> -- Davey
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:33 AM, Andrew Margarit | Cucumber WiFI
>> <andrew at polkaspots.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know who's maintaining this page?
>>>
>>> https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/unifiac
>>>
>>> Want to give out a hand with that porting.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> A