[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq: vrx200 nmi handling

John Crispin blogic at openwrt.org
Sat Dec 5 02:02:15 EST 2015

On 04/12/2015 15:58, Florian Eckert wrote:
> Hallo mailinglist,
>
> I have seen in the linux sources of the lantiq falcon soc, that there
> is some working done for nmi handling.
>
> I have an lantiq xrx200 board and want to use nmi handling to react on
> an power failure which is signaled over the nmi gpio.
> I have seen filesystem errors if it is not cleanly unmounted (raw nand
> writes/erases not completly finshed for an peb)
>
> https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2015-November/037575.html
>
> I have lookend around in the sources but it is not obvious what i have
> do to get called my own nmi function.
>
> Does anyone has an hint?
>
> Regards

nmi irqs are normally handled via a irq vector. at least that is how it
works nt he falcon. the kernel already provides infrastructure to load
jump code to those addresses that will then go on to call your own code

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/mips/lantiq/falcon/prom.c?id=refs/tags/v4.4-rc3#n35

you will need to figure out where BOOT_*VEC values are on vr9/10

	John